The purpose of this assignment is to: a) identify and evaluate a website for credibility, b) provide empirical evidence to support the website as a credible source for inclusion in a scholarly assignment, and c) present ideas in a clear, succinct, and scholarly manner
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
(CO#1) Demonstrate effective verbal, written, and technological communication using legal and ethical standards for transferring knowledge. (PO 3)
1. Selects a health-related website with the domain indicated as .org or .gov.
2. Introduction section includes 6 elements:
a. clearly names the website
b. describes the purpose of the website
c. The search engine used to locate the website is named.
d. The domain of the website is identified.
e. The rationale for the selection of the website is discussed.
f. The Web Address, also known as the URL or uniform resource locator, is provided. This typically begins with “http://…”
3. Provides a thorough analysis of the website, using the following five criteria: authority, information, objectivity, ease of navigation, and privacy and security policies.
4. Determines if the website is credible, provides a rationale for decision, and supports the decision with empirical evidence. The empirical evidence is to be a minimum of two (2) scholarly articles published within the last 5 years.
5. Discusses why it is important for a professional nurse to evaluate information found on the internet. Provides three (3) distinct examples of how a professional nurse could use the information provided by the selected website.
6. Summarizes the content of the paper in concluding statements.
7. The body of the scholarly paper is to be no more than 2.5-3 pages in length, excluding title and reference pages. It must follow APA format (6th edition).
PREPARING THE PAPER
After selecting a website with the domain of .org or .gov, evaluate the website in the body of a scholarly paper. Include a minimum of two (2) scholarly references published within the past 5 years.