Only Daughter and Superman and Me
Step One: Research your assigned talking points.
Step Two: Make an outline, a spider chart, bullet points to plan out how your research
materials relate to Only Daughter and Superman and Me. (as if you were making
a plan for a paper.
Step Three: Bring in research Materials and plan on Thursday 6/26.
The next steps will take place in class:
Step Four: Based on the research you have gathered, and your plan or outline, construct a
³working´ thesis statement.
Step Five: Create Works Cited Page for your outside source materials using MLA
Research the following, especially as it connects to reading and writing:
1. Social expectations and personal goals
2. Pros and cons of challenging cultural stereotypes
3. The relationship between family and formal education
4. Benefits or costs of being an outsider
5. Family influence and/ vs individual habits
6. Empowerment and literacy
7. Personal freedom and literacy
8. The purpose of education (aside from earning money)
x Liberatory act
x Cultural stereotypes
x Social expectations (based on gender, class, or ethnicity)