Read Professional Branding: Resume & Cover Letter in the workbook
Watch these videos:
The Purpose of the Cover Letter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baV_qL0vOmc&feature=youtu.be) (0:30)
The Cover Letter (http://www.careerspots.com/newplayer/default.aspx?key=lT0-IFTkeO_9Y_D0yPbOiQ2&)Links to an external site. (2:34)
Review ECPI University Cover Letter Guide (https://www.ecpi.edu/documents/career-services/ECPI-Cover-Letter-and-Reference-Guide.pdf)
to help ensure that you have the very best training on this important tool that helps you articulate your brand to the employer.
In order to complete this assignment, you will need to do the following:
1. Locate the job you found last week (Medical Assistant focusing on phlebotomy) . Once again, look closely at the job description, and note any job duties or expectations the employer is seeking. Be sure to tailor your cover letter to the specific job posting’s duties and expectations.
2. Copy and paste the job posting on page 1 of your assignment.
3. On page 2 of your assignment, provide your cover letter using traditional Business Letter format.
This assignment is designed to help you prepare the documents you will share with employers during your job search. You may be asked to submit this activity several times to ensure your career portfolio is polished and professional, so don’t be discouraged if you earn a low score the first time you submit. The assigned readings and videos are also essential to your understanding of how best to present yourself during your job search.
To prepare your resume, pay very close attention to The Resume Guide (https://www.ecpi.edu/documents/career-services/ECPI-Resume-Guide.pdf).
Remember to be sure to:
1. Engage in some brainstorming to identify some of your skills and abilities. That will really help you create a top notch resume.
2. Take some time to jot down your job responsibilities at your current and previous jobs.
3. Examine the job that you located for the Job Search assignment. Look closely at the job duties and expectations and note any key words or qualifications the employer is looking for. Now look to see how many (if any) of those qualifications match any of your skills, abilities, and qualifications. You will need to make sure that your resume includes as many of these key words and qualifications as possible!
4. DO NOT USE A RESUME TEMPLATE.
5. Proofread, proofread, and proofread.
6. Save it in a Word Document. When you submit for a position, we recommend you save it as a PDF – but for the assignment Word is better as it allows editing.
This assignment is designed to help you prepare the documents you will share with employers during your job search. You may be asked to submit this activity several times to ensure your career portfolio is polished and professional, so don’t be discouraged if you earn a low score the first time you submit. Please refer to the assignment rubric below to familiarize yourself with the expectations for your finished product. The assigned readings and videos are also essential to your understanding of how best to present yourself during your job search.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.