Directions: Answer the questions listed below. Your response to each question should be at least one half of one page in length and provide strong examples and details.
1. How did Europe’s system of alliances contribute to the outbreak of World War I, and how did the conflict become a global war?
2. What were the global consequences of the First World War?
3. How did leaders deal with the political dimensions of uncertainty and try to re-establish peace and prosperity in the interwar year?
4. How did nationalism shape political developments in East and Southeast Asia?
5. What caused the Great Depression, and what were its consequences?
6. How did Italian fascism develop?
Please read “Individuals in Society: Primo Levi”(Chapter 30, p. 928 in the textbook). After you read this section, answer the following questions. Your responses should be at least one half of one page in length and provide strong examples and details.
1. Describe Levi’s experience at Auschwitz. How did camp prisoners treat each other? Why?
2. What does Levi mean by the “gray zone”? How is this concept central to his thinking?