HOW BROKEN AND/OR SICK PEOPLE ARE TREATED IN SOCIETY
How does Gregor remind you of how broken and/or sick people are treated in society, such as: AIDS patients/old people/cancer patients/drug addicts/homeless/that strange boy in grade school who eats crayons. How does his family, the manager and the three roomers treat him as such?
Again, choose your own malady and apply it to Gregor. In your research use medical and/or psychology journals to help define Gregor’s diagnosis.
Now that you are somewhat familiar with the MLA process, along with quotes from the book you must find TWO sources from the SMC library (the SMC library online database are okay) on the illness or social phobia you are using to analyze Gregor. Remember to look at my video on how to get into the library databases.
The paper must be thesis driven as we discussed.
* 8-10 pages, MLA style with works cited page.
* A topic accepted by me ahead of time.
* Two outside sources from our library (psychology, sociology or health journals okay).
* You must use quotes from the story itself in the paper.
* Papers are due on the day of the final – no exceptions!
Use examples from the text with quotes and work-cited page. 8-10 pages.