· You will answer 4 short answer/essay questions, each worth 5 points.
· Each answer should be approximately 200 words, its not an exact science, but if you’re only writing a sentence or two you are not going into enough detail, or answering the entire question.
· When answering questions that ask for a definition, do not use a quote from the book to give that definition! Put the answer in your own words to show you understand what is being asked.
· Use quotations sparingly. Answers that are quote after quote do not show understanding or analysis and will be marked down.
· Do not use bullet points, graphs, charts or other methods to answer. You need to write out your analysis/answer to show me you understand the material.
· Any quotes or outside sources need to be appropriately cited.
· All answers need to be written at a college level with appropriate spelling, punctuation and grammar.
· You will be turning all of your homework in through the TurnItIn. So remember, if you cheat, it will catch you!
1. Define the term biocultural evolution.
2. Explain what is meant by differential net reproductive success. Give an example of how this mechanism works.
3. Compare and contrast the processes and end products of mitosis and meiosis.
4. Using the HbS allele to illustrate, describe why fitness levels are a function of the environment.