Explain qualitative research methodology and what types of research questions benefit from qualitative studies
Step 1 Before you focus on your specific topic, consider these questions:
- What is qualitative research methodology?
- What types of qualitative research questions would best help you obtain useful qualitative information to improve your research?
- How would you approach qualitative research methodology in a study relating to your problem of interest?
Step 2 Consider the following questions before posting to the discussion board:
- Why do we do it this way?
- Are there better ways to assess or intervene?
- Do patients with a specific intervention/assessment have better outcomes?
Step 3 Post a response to the discussion board.
In your initial post, respond to the following questions:
- Consider your research problem/research question. How could you study your topic using qualitative research— specifically, what type of qualitative research questions would you use and why?
- Explain qualitative research methodology and what types of research questions benefit from qualitative studies.
- Explain how you would approach studying your problem of interest using qualitative research methodology.
- Outline the steps you would take and propose a research problem, purpose statement and research question
- What are some assumptions and limitations in your study?