2. An exercise program needs to be a comprehensive and progressive exercise. Discuss the elements of the exercise that define “comprehensive” and “progressive.” HINT – Think about the building block approach to exercise development.
3. Envision an imaginary emergency operations plan for a small rural hospital ‘Anywhere General.”As the new disaster planner for AG,
has asked you to review that plan and make recommendations for change
Using the knowledge you gained during Foundations (DMM 610), write a brief (250-500 words) summary of that fictional plan. That summary – which you should address to
of Directors and CEO – should include parts of the plan you think are adequate and areas you think should be modified.
4. Tell the class the topic you plan to use for your capstone and post the document Dr. Bail
for capstone submission.
The document link is posted under Readings).
- DMM Capstone planning document(1).docx (13.856 KB)
- Written Statement of – 10_25_2011_five_years_later_assessment_of_pkemra(1).pdf (1.124 MB)
- FEMA ESFs 2008.pdf (989.839 KB)
All readings are from IS-139a unless otherwise noted.
1. Lesson 1- Exercise Design Considerations
2. PKEMRA (attached)
3. FEMA Emergency Support Functions – See attachment, but here is the URL:
5. Capstone Planning Document
The PKEMRA discussion can be found in the attached file and PPD-8 is found at the separate link titled PPD-8.
Capstone Document is found in the attached file – Provides guidelines to getting started.
These first IS 139s Lesson sets the stage for everything we will do this semester. Focus on these basics of exercises and drills. Get comfortable with the terminology. Get a sense of what it takes to go from one step (or building block) to the next.
PKEMRA is the document that came out of Katrina. Many, many hours went into producing this “lessons learned” document.
Finally, PPD-8 is a critically important document in emergency management. Read it over with an eye towards why the president wrote it and why we spend so much time studying it.
The post Exercise Program and Emergency Operations Plan appeared first on Submit Your Homeworks.
Exercise Program and Emergency Operations Plan was first posted on February 17, 2021 at 12:23 pm.
©2019 “Submit Your Assignment”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at