1. In this discussion, you need to think about the role narratives play in your current or future job. Think about a time where you needed (or will need) to describe a sequence of events or tell a story in order to explain how something happened. Police officers have to use narrative all the time, but most of us do encounter narrative in our workplace, whether we are teachers relating an event to a student or a nurse explaining home care to a patient. This discussion asks you to consider the need for good narrative skills in your job.
- Respond to the following:
• What is your profession or future profession?
• What are some events or stories you might have to relate?
• How can good narrative skills help you in these situations?
Post your primary response (150–200 words).
2.For this assignment, you are required to use the narrative skills you have learned throughout this module. Before you begin, be sure to review the module notes and the section on narrative essays from the Excelsior College OWL located at:
Excelsior College Online Writing Lab. (
Narration (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from http://owl.excelsior.edu/posts/view/250.
You have been asked to write a narrative piece for the Student College magazine, which is a fictional magazine. The magazine is running a feature section on student stories with a focus on how you made the decision to begin studying at Excelsior. Your goal is to tell your story but also encourage students who might be considering going to college.
The magazine requires an introduction, body, and conclusion in a traditional essay format. Your essay should have a clear thesis and should include narrative strategies to help engage your audience. If your essay is selected for publication, your writing will be read by thousands of readers.
Because the magazine has limited space and hopes to publish several narratives, your essay should be short, between 700 and 800 words. You are not required to use any outside materials, but if you do, the magazine requires APA documentation.
3. you are being asked to reflect on your writing process for your narrative essay assignment. In this journal, you should describe the steps you took to develop your narrative assignment with a focus on the following questions:
- What did you do to consider your audience? How did your audience impact your writing?
- How did you get started on your project? Did you encounter any struggles? If so, what were they and how did you address them?
- What kind of feedback did you receive from the peer review? What changes did you make based on that feedback?
- What additional revisions and edits did you make to your essay?
- How do you feel about your narrative overall? Is there anything you would do differently if you had more time?
Your journal entry should be at least 200 words in length. Please remember that only you and your professor will have access to your journal.
4. After reading the essay “Navigating Genres” and reviewing the assigned sites in the Excelsior College OWL, you will have a better idea about what constitutes academic writing. In this discussion, you are being asked to describe some of the aspects of academic writing, explain how diverse it can be, and explore connections between academic writing and writing you might encounter in the workplace.
Respond to the following:
• What are some things you have learned about academic writing? Is there anything that surprises you?
• How can academic writing be diverse and complex?
• How does academic writing differ from writing you have encountered at work? Are there any similarities?
Post your primary response (150–200 words).
5. For this writing scenario, you have been asked to write a short essay with sources on an issue important to college students in the 21st century.
You will submit this essay to a student journal that is publishing a special issue on topics important to modern college students. You may choose to write about issues of costs and financial aid, balancing work/school/family, access to technology, or another issue you feel is important. The topic is up to you, as long as it fits the scope of the special issue of the journal. You notice the journal usually publishes short student essays, with a few sources.
Your task is to write a short essay, 750—850 words, on the topic above. Your essay should include at least two outside sources.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post discussion and assignment 7 appeared first on Top Premier Essays.