Gather as much information about your selected problem as possible. Consider both qualitative and quantitative data. For example:
- Leader and peer interviews
- Patient/customer surveys
- Quality improvement (QI) reports from the facility
- Benchmarking studies/baseline data. If baseline data is available:
- What are the goals?
- Are current practices meeting the organizational goals?
- Are the prescribed practices followed?
- Apply any relevant key quality improvement tools to your problem and list them in your assignment.
Review and aggregate the information you collected on the selected problem.
Determine the level of risk and frequency of the problem. This will provide you with the scope and significance of the problem.Format your assignment as one of the following: