***You must select two topics from the list below. Please write a short research paper on your selected topics drawing from information in your book and other course materials. You may do a third paper for extra credit. 20 points each.
1. Role of the environment in the development of personality.
2. What do modern psychologists feel are the major weaknesses of Freud’s psychoanalytic theories?
3. Anxiety: Causes, Symptoms and Therapy
4. The effects of sleep deprivation on human beings.
5. The effects of cognitive dissonance on behavior/values
6. How is Intelligence Measured? Reasons for controversy/debate
7.Compare and Contrast the Developmental Theories of Erik Erikson and Jean Piaget
8. Theories of Forgetting – explanation & implications for better memory
9. The Clinical Uses of Hypnosis – risks vs. benefits
10. Dreams & dream interpretation: why they occur? are interpretations valid?
Independent research allows each Psychology student the opportunity to explore a topic of personal interest, and delve into greater detail on the chosen topic than we would have time to cover as an entire class. Each paper (two per semester), should be 1-2.5 pages, double-spaced with a font size of 12, Your research papers are to be prepared in APA format, and as such should include:
1.1 margins all around
2.Title page centered horizontally and vertically
Your paper should address the following:
1.Give a brief background of the subject or problem.
2.Include a personal discussion of your thoughts, bias, feelings towards the subject or problem prior to the research you conducted.
3.What is the significance of this topic/problem? Why is it important for people to understand? What areas of mental or physical health may it have an impact on?
4. Conclusions: what answers did your research provide for you? What do you think are the unanswered questions, and/or the areas where further research is needed?
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Choose one topic from instructions. first appeared on nursing writers.