The company I have chosen for my SEC 10-K project is Costco.
Please see link below.
Review your SEC 10-K company’s income statement, balance sheet, and, most importantly, the statement of cash flows.
Your SEC 10-K company illustrates a philosophy and financing strategy on the balance sheet. Three main sections to the statement of cash flows:
Operating, Investing, and Financing.
Consider the balance sheet and income statement. The relationship with the statement of cash flows may be summarized as follows:
1. Net income plus non cash ‘expenses’ (such as depreciation) less non cash gains (gain on sale of assets) are added to change in CA and CL:operating activities
2. Changes in Long term assets belong in the investing section
3. Changes in Long term liabilities and owners’ equity belong in the financing section
4. Positive values are sources of cash; negative values are uses of cash.
5. A company may have a net loss, and / or negative equity but may produce cash flow operating activities.
6. Often you see sales and purchases of long term assets, businesses, and investments as well as new debt and retirement of debt
Consider the logic of this process.What do you learn about your SEC 10-K company as you view the four financial statement together? Realize the dividends line item appears only on the stmt of retained earnings and the stmt of cash flows. It does not affect net income.
What key profit factor do you learn from this Journal entry? How does your company finance operations? With current liabilities or other funding?
Complete the report below and submit in the Assignment Folder.
Write a brief report on your activities this week as a Word document and upload it to this week’s Homework assignment folder.
If you’re not sure what to write, here are some things to consider:
- What resources did you find most/least helpful this week?
- What topic(s) gave you trouble this week (if any)?
- What topic(s) do you feel you were able to grasp?
- How might you change your time management or study habits?
- Comment on the value of the activities you completed this week
These are just examples of things you could write about, but feel free to write anything you want. There are no right or wrong answers to this weekly homework report assignment.
Remember all submissions and postings in our class must be in your own words. Deliverables are to be single spaced with double spacing between paragraphs. We are writing business reports. Comments you create in this submission, serve, effectively, as a business report on the week.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post accounting homework 59 appeared first on Top Premier Essays.